The West Side Cemetery Provides dignified interment services in a beautiful, tranquil and lasting environment that will honor and celebrate life.
West Side Cemetery District
In light of COVID-19 virus and in accordance with the CDC guidelines, West Side Cemetery District will be taking precautions to comply with directive and protect the public.
- Chairs will not be provided at this time for graveside services
- The microphone and podium will not be provided.
- Arrangements will only be made by appointment.
- Families may want to consider direct interments and postpone formal committal services to a later date.
- To protect public health and slow the rate of transmission of COVID-19, pursuant to the guidelines issued by the Governor, small gatherings that may involve high risk individuals, such as funeral services involving older family members, should be limited to no more than 10 people and the gathering should allow social distancing of 6 feet from each person.
This will remain in effect for 30 days, at which time will be reevaluated for change.
What We Do
West Side Cemetery District was formed when the Board of Trustees voted to acquire land for Cemetery purposes on April 5, 1932, and was referred to as 4.01 acres of land located in Taft, CA. The Cemetery now covers over 12 acres, and performs approximately 175 services each year.
Our staff takes pride in our Cemetery. It is a place to say a last farewell during funeral services for a family member or friend. West Side Cemetery provides a calm atmosphere for visiting loved ones in their final place of rest.
We provide the various services listed below
Phone: (661) 765-4505
Fax: (661) 765-6335
440 E. Cedar Street
Taft, CA 93268
Email: Joyce@WestSideCemetery.com or Joel@WestSideCemetery.com