POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEESOnly the Board can change policy or vote exceptions. Policy detrmination is the responsibility of the Board alone. Policy execution is the responsibility of the District Manager and his staff.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES OF THE BOARD ARE
- To perform its legal responsibility
- To set up by-laws, regulations and operating procedures
- To select, employ, and if necessary, dismiss the District Administrator.
- To control the operating budget, the financial plans and the insurance program.
- To assure sound personnel policies.
- To maintain good public relations
- To appoint, commission, supervise and receive reports from committees and the District Manager.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Board Members should understand the significance and importance of the Cemetery District in the Community
- Board Members should be aware of the relationship of the cemetery service to other comminity services
- Board Members should look objectivly at their speific responsibilities as Board Members and at total community needs, and keep abreast of changing conditions, continuously reassessing their efforts and reasons for service.
- Board Membrs should have the courage to resist pressures of all types ad insist upon high standards for their agencies, particulary in regard to competent, professional personnel.
- Board Members should be aware of their role as Board Members, acting in concert with their fellow Board Members without usurping the functions of the District Manager
- Board Members must avoid any personal interest, financial or otherwise, direct or indirect, in any contract, purchase, sale or other activity of the District. It is the dutyof Board Members to avoid any situation that could, under any given set of circumstances, affect the objective exercise of judgment by the Board Members.