POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Only the Board can change policy or vote exceptions. Policy detrmination is the responsibility of the Board alone. Policy execution is the responsibility of the District Manager and his staff.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES OF THE BOARD ARE
- To perform its legal responsibility
- To set up by-laws, regulations and operating procedures
- To select, employ, and if necessary, dismiss the District Administrator.
- To control the operating budget, the financial plans and the insurance program.
- To assure sound personnel policies.
- To maintain good public relations
- To appoint, commission, supervise and receive reports from committees and the District Manager.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Board Members should understand the significance and
importance of the Cemetery District in the Community
- Board Members should be aware of the relationship of the
cemetery service to other community services
- Board Members should look objectively at their specific
responsibilities as Board Members and at total community needs, and keep abreast of changing conditions, continuously reassessing their efforts and reasons for service.
- Board Members should have the courage to resist pressures of all types and insist upon high standards for their agencies,
particularly in regard to competent, professional personnel.
- Board Members should be aware of their role as Board Members, acting in concert with their fellow Board Members without
usurping the functions of the District Manager
- Board Members must avoid any personal interest, financial or
otherwise, direct or indirect, in any contract, purchase, sale or
other activity of the District. It is the duty of Board Members to
avoid any situation that could, under any given set of
circumstances, affect the objective exercise of judgment by the