About Us

West Side Cemetery District was formed when the Board of Trustees voted to acquire land for Cemetery purposes on April 5, 1932, and was referred to as 4.01 acres of land located in Taft, CA.  The Cemetery now covers over 12 acres, and performs approximately 175 services each year.

The Cemetery is a Public Cemetery District, providing burial, for all qualifying District residents and their families.  This is an Endowment Care Cemetery.

Our operating budget is subsidized by property taxes paid by District residents / property owners.

Our staff takes pride in our Cemetery.  It is a place to say a last farewell during funeral services for a family member or friend.  West Side Cemetery provides a calm atmosphere for visting loved ones in their final place of rest.